Prior to 70th Week
First 7 weeks of Dan 9 was the 49 years to
· Could be a major economic depression before the Rapture, as beginning of problems in the Tribulation period
· We will not experience a great revival before the Rapture. 2 Tim 3:13, Rev 3:15 indicate an indifferent, back-slidden church. Only revival is during the Tribulation by the 144,000 Jewish evangelists.
· 7 churches of Rev 2-3 represent time periods since Pentecost
· Believes in dispensational interpretation, based on 2 Tim , saying that dividing the word has to do with dividing into dispensations. 70 weeks of Dan 9:24 is a Jewish dispensation, involving Daniel’s people and holy city, so the church could not be involved in the 70th week, and must have been raptured prior to it.
The Jews are God’s “elect” in Matt 24:22, based
on other Jewish references in that passage, such as
· Rejects post-tribulationalism because it destroys doctrine of imminence and teaching of dispensationalism.
· Mentions Rosenthal’s pre-wrath rapture theory, but doesn’t specifically refute it.
· Last trump of 1 Cor is not 7th trumpet of Rev since there is an 8th trump in Matt 24:31. Also, 7th trumpet produces judgment & death, but trump at rapture produces eternal life and joy
· Rapture happens suddenly, without a sign, pictured in John’s symbolic rapture in Rev 4:1, since believers are then shown laying crowns at Jesus’ feet in v 10,11, indicating they have been raised and have received their rewards at the resurrection of the just, Lu 14:14.
· implies only those that dwell on the earth, which is a term for the unsaved, will experience the Tribulation period.
· indicates church is kept from (ek) the hour of temptation. Ek means “out of” or “evacuation”. Would have used “dia” if the meaning is “through.” Same in 1 Thess 1:10 to deliver from the wrath to come. Also, 1 Thess 5:9 says we are not appointed to wrath.
· 2 Thess 2:1-5 speaks of the hinderer, which is the Holy Spirit abiding in the Church, which must therefore have been removed before the Antichrist can be revealed.
· UFO’s could be angelic vehicles, like Elijah’s chariot. Could be used by demonic spirits (fallen angels) as well as God’s angels. May even come for us in the Rapture, as in Elijah’s case, 2 Ki 2:11.
· Day of the Lord includes the 7 year Tribulation and the 1,000 year millennium. 2 Pet
· Rev 4-11 portrays the 7-year Tribulation, with Christ’s return in -18. Rev 12-19 depict the identical scene a second time, with Christ’s return in .
· First half of 7 year Tribulation is “beginning of sorrows,” Matt 24:8; second half is “great Tribulation,” Matt 24:21
Tribulation begins with rise of Antichrist out of the EU as the leader of a confederacy of 10 nations, Rev 13:1.
· Rider on the white horse in Rev 6 is the Antichrist
Ten toes of Dan 2 and 10 horns of Dan 7 are 10 literal
nations of European Union that were original members of the old
· Christians will absolutely not know who the Antichrist is before the Rapture, since he will not be revealed before the Holy Spirit, who lives in the hearts of believers, is taken out of the way.
· We should definitely never attempt to name the Antichrist, although he is probably alive now.
Antichrist is a Gentile because he comes from
· The false prophet is the leader of the one-world church described in Rev 17.
Signs 7-year peace contract with
· The seven-year peace pact must be signed in the presence of the western leader, the Antichrist.
Breaks covenant after 42 months Dan 9:27
Antichrist’s breaking of 7-year peace covenant
· Two witnesses in Rev 11:3 are Moses and Elijah, based on transfiguration passage as a picture of the day when the two witnesses will be revealed; Elijah also in Mal 4:5,6
Agrees with others who say
· EU leaders (10 kings under dictatorship of Antichrist) march to put an end to northern army of Russia and allies (kings of south including Egypt combined with federation of Arab nations, Persia, Ethiopia, Lybia, Turkey, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine) who have invaded Israel, with whom Antichrist has a treaty.
· and other verses indicate nuclear war during the Tribulation.
· Matt 24:40, two taken, two left, refers to judgment of the Tribulation period where half of the people on earth have been destroyed. ¼ die in Rev 6:8, then 1/3 of the ¾ left die in , or another ¼ of the original population. Thus, ¼ + ¼ = ½ die, or are taken, and the other ½ are left.
Antichrist attempts to destroy Jews Rev 12.
· But God miraculously delivers and preserves them.
Destroys world church that helped to bring him to power ,17
· Antichrist betrays his religious followers since he now doesn’t want to share the glory with the religious leaders, even though they have directed worship to him.
Proclaims himself as God 2 Thess 2:4-11
Antichrist comes to
He hears about 200 million from the kings of the
He is killed by
· The armies of the east attack and are defeated.
Then Antichrist marches against Christ and his
army who have arrived in
Destroyed at Armageddon Rev 19 and cast into lake of fire
Armies of the world are gathered to destroy
· Millennial temple, Ezek 40-47, is built
· There are millions of Christians still alive when Christ returns to judge the nations Matt 25:31-46, so these will find a way to survive without taking the mark of the beast.
· Bride of Christ is everyone saved from Pentecost through the Rapture. Marriage supper of the Lamb takes place when Christ returns to earth with his bride, to be joined by the OT saints and Tribulation martyrs who are resurrected at his return. These latter ones go into the millennium with their natural bodies, and get their glorified bodies at the end of the millennium when Christ creates all things new.
· 30 days after Christ comes are to consecrate priests
· 45 days after Christ returns (Dan 12:11,12) includes defeat of armies of the world, gathering elect Jews from 4 corners of the earth, separating the sheep and goat nations, binding Satan for 1,000 years, resurrecting OT and Tribulation saints, judging of fallen angels.
· Gog and Magog of Rev 20 are just a remembrance of the Gog and Magog in Ezek 38 & 39
· Church reigns as rulers, kings, and priests 1 Peter 2:9, Rev 1:6; 144,000 serve as bodyguards of Lamb and Bride, Rev 14:4; Gentiles saved during Tribulation are temple servants.
· Locusts of Rev 9:3 are fallen angels
· Little book of Rev 10 represents the “sweet” gospel and “bitter” judgment.
The 5 kings who have fallen in are
· Rev 17 describes “Mystery Babylon,” which is the religious world system.
Rev 18 describes “
· While the church (Bride) is in heaven in Rev 19, she is inspected and judged, and each of us is given wedding garments corresponding to our good works.
Copyright 2005 by Clay Watts, Dallas, Texas. All rights reserved.