The following is a highlight of key points about heaven from these two works. We should first ask several questions about such extra-biblical sources:
· Why does God speak to us about heaven?
· How do we receive prophetic words about heaven?
· How far should we go to seek them out?
· How do we validate them?
· How do we interpret them?
· How do we use them in our own life?
Background of “Visions Beyond the Veil”
Adullam Rescue Mission in
· They were taught the Bible; sought Christ and the Holy Spirit
· Received supernatural visitations and consistent visions
Background of “Heaven and the Angels”
· A “Cloud of Witnesses” from the past two centuries, consisting of major authors as well as testimonies received from readers of “Visions Beyond the Veil”
· Consistent with the Bible, each other, and the Adullam visions
Caught up to heaven
· Soul leaves body, is escorted by angelic guides, passes through first & second heavens to third heaven; given a white garment
· Come to the New Jerusalem radiating glorious light, adorned with countless jewels
· Three cities in one; suspended above each other making a pyramid
· Enter through pearly gates onto golden streets; angels everywhere, praising, explaining
· Each city consists of multiple plains, in increasing glory, each one a paradise; God’s throne is in the highest plain of the uppermost city (2 Cor 12:2-4; Rev 2:7, 22:1-2)
· Each plain has at its peak a central temple from which a river flows in 12 spirals lined by boulevards on either side, and from which 12 golden avenues radiate; forming 144 wards, each having a unique but harmonized pattern, each its own paradise or park
· Paradises contain wonderful lakes, trees, fruits, shrubs, flowers, birds, animals, pets
· Buildings along the streets for temples, mansions and instruction; cities in the distance
· All is of indescribable beauty and glory
· Adullam children each had a room with a golden table, chest, chair, bed, Bible, vase, pen, book, harp, trumpet, etc.
· Saints live in mansions of glory corresponding to their spiritual attainment
· Water from the rivers of life, fruit from the trees, manna scattered all about; food and drink which enhances one’s capabilities
· Additional plains outside the city
Inhabitants of the New Jerusalem
· Old and New Testament saints recognizable
· Body, or soul, is spiritual; leaves the physical body behind on earth; spiritual body is substantial, but can go anywhere instantly; male and female forms (the latter even more beautiful!)
· Appearance of dignity, charm, inward power, purity, joy, benevolence; voice soft, musical
· Retain some national/racial characteristics
· Thoughts and languages are known intuitively
· Surrounded by aurora of rainbow-light, in degrees of spiritual attainment; face must be covered to protect those of lower degree from the blinding brightness; the light of the Holy Spirit
· Ten thousand-fold increase in body capabilities and senses of sight, hearing, taste, singing, etc.; awareness of all of creation
From Glory to Glory (2 Cor )
· Saints differ in bodily glory and spiritual attainment; we start where we left off on earth
· Growth continues until the saint is developed into the heavenly image and glory of his Redeemer
· Earthly attainment typically reverse of heavenly view; meek, teachable, child-like most rapidly ascend “from glory to glory”
· Plains, mansions, surroundings, helpers, are appropriate to each person’s spiritual attainment and advance to higher levels as the person progresses spiritually
· We teach one another, and our capacity for learning is enhanced by the ministry of angels
· We are all occupied in happy service
End Times Visions – from the Adullam boys, corroboration of scripture
· Pestilence and wars
· Devil and Antichrist – young and handsome; demons follow him everywhere and obey
· Saints under persecution – had supernatural protection and power
· Final world war
· Sudden return of Christ
· Great supper of God
· Antichrist bound and devil cast into pit
· Descent of the Lord and the last trumpet
· Resurrection and rapture of the saints
· Marriage supper of the Lamb
· Books opened and day of judgment
· New heavens and new earth
Copyright 2005 by Clay Watts,